Friday, January 29, 2010

(week2)Thy College Life be Wells?! Mines are Is!

HAHAHA
Welcome. To Louis's Blog.
Are you Comfy?
Rested?
Smiling?
Sane?
Happy?
Enlightened?
Bored?
Have music playing?

If you have atleast all of the above questions answered as yes , then you are ready to read on. If not , Caution.

College Life!!!
HAHA , so are you familiar with this?
I am. Twice!
Heres a little background story for you.

Last Year , July of '09. Right after my O'lvls Examination and Graduation from Sayfol International School ,I was enlisted to Join the A'lvls of Taylors College SriHartamas. When I enlisted , I Qualified with my Mock results.




>>A small group picture of my Literature classmates at sentosa. We were there to watch The play , Hamlet for our Literature class cause we were doing Hamlet at the time.<<

>>A picture of my Moral Studies group with a Sikh during a Video Assignment on Religions , In this case , Sikhism. It was a great experience , and Our video was the Best out of everyone else! haha<<

>>A group picture of my Psychology class! hahaha thanks to this class , I can read minds now hahahaha!<<

>>A group picture with my Economics class! hahaha crazy times we all had.



After 1 and a half month of serving A'lvls , I was kicked once my Actual O'lvl results had been released by Sayfol Int.School. With this , All of my hard work , All of the Printed notes and Tutorials , All of my Newly aquired friends , vanished!!

HAHA no they didnt vanish! they are still lingering in my room! my work and papers that is. My friends are still there , suffering and also enjoying. Quite a sad waste isnt it? Having to join , make friends , establish ones self and next thing you know , poof , as if the work was all Deleted.

But enough groveling at the past. January 2010 was to be the beginning of a new era. This is where my joining of the 'Diploma in MassCommunications came in and where I am now with new friends and definitely new work! Diploma in MassComm was my 2nd choice and so I decided to join it at JAN2010.


College Life! Aye. For many years , Watching movies and reading books and comics of the Glorious College Life , where Life over there was to be somewhat a 'No Limits Life'. Where Beautiful Chicks roamed its domain and Handsome men , who are usually rugby / sport jocks , who also roamed these domains looking for these chicks and etc etc. Where drinks and party was a constant , and Love was one of the most constant and powerful theme's College Life had revolved around.

Alas , I came with all this knowledge and do you know what I found? 94% OF ALL THESE THINGS FROM MOVIES ARE ONLY EITHER NOT REAL OR ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA or any other country but here , Malaysia. I may be wrong though , maybe some colleges around Malaysia do have that sort of world but here in Taylors , its way Different my friends.

But do not fret , I did not mean different in a bad way. You see..well okay fine , there are some parties or drinks , or those highend chicks roaming around or those over the top egomaniac men but the thing is , College Life here is much nicer than all that.

Wanna know why? Its cause everyone is Friendly! Everyone is open! well okay , maybe 98% of everyone , but thats wow. well over 50% dont you think?
So basically I know almost everyone in JAN2010 intake , but just maybe a few names are not yet fully remembered haha!

-------------------

~ADVERTISEMENT~

There isnt any... =P
hahahahhahaha

-------------------

Now back to the main thing of this post haha!
When I came to college , at first I was really shy. [Back in school , just for your reading pleasure , I was the Crazy Disruptive and Destructive Monkey in class but also is friends with everyone in the whole school from Primary 1 to Form 5 ( no not much from kindergarten obviously ) and is very Hyper and Random at many things.]
So yes , When I came I was shy. I guess its normal / Human nature to be unease and shy in unfamiliar areas or a whole new world.
But soon after , in both SriHartamas A'lvls and Here at PJ/Lakeside Diploma in MassCommunications , Right on the first day , friends are made and the Giant iceburg just melts away just like that. This wall of Sociality just vanishes around maybe the 3rd Day into college life. This is because of everyone here being very open. Everyone would come up , or you would go up to em , and just introduce , and conversations may start flowing , and somehow , all the wants and likes , thoughts and opinions , experiences and so on somehow click together. Only thing is the names are hard to remember but the faces are already established in ones Friend Memory. This is incredible haha! And so , The difference between those movies and this Reality typed form of College I see so far , is that this Wall vanishes or is easily not even there , where as in those movies , one can sense a wall between people , and even between groups.
Thats another thing about college. Groups. There are alot of Groups in those movies , ranging from the stereotypical Nerds to those Flashy cool cats.
But here , there are groups ofcourse , BUT , they are all still connected to this big group that consisted of EVERYONE. For my year , its JAN 2010. And so , within Diploma in MassComm , there may be several groups , and also other courses like Architecture and Foundation in MassComm , there are other groups as well. But , when we see each other , we are all together as one and not shielding ourselves and keeping ourselves into our own groups.
So now , with my new friends , we are having a blast , Right from day one haha!




>>Having lunch at Sunway piramid with my Sifu's of Chinese hahaha!<<

>>A group photo of some Jan2010Intake people at the Orientation party at Lakeside campus<<

>>Yes I know , crazy people hahahaha!

>>Me Digging my nose , a Testament of my superior power and a real awsom move to impress the ladies!<<

>>Us chilling and having lunch at PINK at sunway.<<



Well , now lets talk about work. HAHA , so far that was a long read huh? why not get a drink and come back or something. If you already got food , AWW! HAHA Im hungry right now , but im typing all this , so i cant leave just yet , BUT YOU CAN!

Anyways , WORK! haha , ok. Back at SriHartamas A'lvls right when I joined , work started to pile up and one of the only ways to complete them is to stay up late. It was hard but I am guessing College wants you to prepare to be the best. Or maybe it just wants to give you hell haha kidding.

Work is hard and more detailed with lots of Out of the box kind of work that one must produce , in comparison to School. Back in school , I could copy the whole text book and get lots of nice red coloured ticks(correct) in my work.
But alas , College. haha but thats the way to be the best. One must be very creative , one must be very 'out of the ordinary' in able to be noticed. And also , one has to come up with individual and also unique work! One cannot just copy others or work from internets or anything , because the college actually checks the work. If you are caught without giving citations ,
The work can be very tedious but thats the challege. Way different from school ofcourse. School work in the view of college work looks like very relaxed typed work. Seriously! Back in school Me and my friends used to moan and sulk at the work they give. but in comparison to college work , Id be crying haha!
But! In college , the work is now more open and more fun! for example , work can be done in video! not like in school where almost all assignments are done in written or typed format! VIDEO! HAHA but ofcourse the type of work that has to be done may be very hard for video as well , but its still in video , so its superb haha!

The Ambience! haha , this too is very different from the jolly ol' school days.
Yes sir , The atmosphere in the two places are really different.
Back in school , I could run around and act like a total monkey ,like running and screaming across the basketball court while there was a game in session ,like I used to always do back in school , but now there is no way one can do that without being scolded or though badly. Yes in school ofcourse one is scolded , but in a way School is where you be childish Whilst in college , one has to grow up. Yes , everyone in college is too either uptight , trying to look cool , trying to limit their 'going hyper' verge in the sake of public appearance or is a boring person etc etc.
Ofcourse I do understand , one has to behave , but it aint fun.
Some say they are being embarrassed. I wanted to kick their faces for such words. Then again , I cant kick anyones face cause its against my Honour. Back at SriHartamas though , my friends there were also quite the hyper bunch and so sometimes the place would go out of control cause of people running around the whole place! even racing on escalators was part of it haha! But here , I guess its cause of the difference in friends and their personalities. Some people have personalities that make you , be you. While others make you be a lesser version of you. So I can either sulk or just let them be happy by boring myself. Reasons behind that can be philosophically stated, but thats one whole other post if I wanted to do HAHAHA
And so yes , one cant run around crazily in college. One has to be behaved and One has to be more of an Adult in comparison to School. Which is good ofcourse for the Outside world.
Imagine you working at a Business. Your boss calls for you , then you run across all the desks , through the glass window , push off anyone in the way , grab a drink from the vending machine on the way through the hall and throw it at your rival and then kick open the boss's door and scream "WHAT DO YOU WANT SIR!?!?" cause either your boss likes the atmosphere to be that way , or he is gonna fire your butt and may even pay for a session or two with a psychologist. HAHA

Another main thing in College is the amount of time we have to just chill. Also , the restaurants. There isnt a cafeteria in both SriHartamas Taylors , nor PjTaylors , so all the food isnt free as it has to be bought at stalls and all. Its quite harsh as we dont always have infinite money , but I guess thats the way hahaha!

wow that was alot. Still Hanging in there? aiya , im hungry haha!

So , what else is there to talk about? Facilities? well one can ofcourse guess that College facilities must and is ofcourse better than school's as it is aimed to craft the next generations of leaders out there.
One funny thing about me is , I like places with good toilets. Back at school , the Toilets were Horrible!!! I couldnt go there and do my business cause there was no toilet paper , wasnt even clean , and it smelt really bad.
When I went to SriHartamas Taylors for College , I WAS REALLY REALLY REALLY HAPPY.
The toilet was AWSOM!!! I SWEAR! Place was clean! constantly cleaned by friendly and hardworking toilet cleaners! Toilet bowls were clean! Infinite Tissue papers! Free Hand sanitizers! soap! the whole load! I was really really glad to be there.
Sadly , I was kicked , now im in PJ Taylors. Its better than the toilets I had back in school. It was kinda clean...thats it. No toilet paper. No soap. Toilet cleaners either were in bad bad bad moods or just hated their jobs haha! but either way im thankful there is a toilet anyways haha!!

HAHA wow this is one long post.
Im happy you sat through all that.
If you skipped everything and came here , thats just mean haha!
Hopefully now you know , College life is different than that of school life. But also remember, not all things are the same for everyone , and that different people have different experiences and so these are just my Thoughts and Opinions and so doesnt revolve around or count for everyone.
HAHA I guess im done now. FINALLY , EAT EAT EAT!! haha!


- All Pictures belong to Louis Dorall. -

END

No comments:

Post a Comment