Friday, February 19, 2010

WISHING YOU A HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR ME MATEYS!!!!


AYE!!! IT BE A HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
THE YEAR OF THE TIGER!

IT BE HOLIDAY SEASON HERE AT LOUIS'S MIND STORIES!

AHAHA I have had a glorious week off the load of....well...actually I got lots of work to do HAHAHA!
and also UPDATING THIS BLOG adds to it. So id rather do it all now. But I didnt know what to write haha!

But after coming back from Roaming around town , I can tell you all what I shall type on now.

Firstly , the week began quite normal.
Then I decided to roam around on my spare time and WOW were the Lion Dances great to Watch!
Serious! I was at Bukit Bintang 3 days ago...basically I was at Sugaiwang \ Lowyat , and these areas had a few Lion Dances. It was really great to see the performers jumping about.

Malaysia is quite good when it comes to celebrating some things.
Gotta appreciate the little things this country has , cause these little things are actually big things haha!

Also , at nights , I get to see neighbors Fire them FIRE WORKS , and it was a great sight to behold.

So besides all the usual things about Chinese new year are these things.
But the things LEAST talked  of are the festivals held at places.
AND MY MY the food , the drinks , the FUN!

HAHA  yesterday I went with a couple of my friends to go to his Grand parents house.
His Grandparents live in a mansion quite far from the city , around 1 and a half drive?
But once u get there , the neighborhood is FIRED UP!
Families , kids , animals are up and about celebrating. We stayed over for the night and it was great to feel the atmosphere and all at these festivals.
Lanters lit the roads and houses , fields were filled with families having great times with each other.
Lion Dances were fluent , doing more stunts than the ones in the cities.
Fire Crackers and Fire Works EVERYWHERE!

Up goes another one , BOOM! it was spectacular.
The Star filled sky was also beautiful. together with the colourful display of Fireworks , my my how it makes me awe like a little kid HAHA!

Another best thing was when we were in the house , dining with his family. There were EASILY more than 20 in that Mansion haha!
His Cousins , Uncles , Aunts , Nephews even hahaa!
It was great to greet them all.

A Grand thing about Chinese New Year , Like i mentioned was the Food and Drinks. Meat , Fish , Pork , you name it. Dinner table was filled with all of us. Me and My friends  filled our tummies to the fullest! I swear we were full like cows. BUT! after the scrumptious dinner , it wasnt over. Came the drinks.
Yes , us being grown boys , we gotta drink , and drink we did with the family.

HAHA we were all tipsy turvey , but were still sane and manageable to play Card Games.

The night was young , and we were Living it. Exploding firecrackers and all outside till 3am , running around like crazy ninjas in the night. It was halarious.

The way the Chinese community there celebrated really well. Place was filled with lanterns , Red lights , and all sorts of things. It was a real festival. It really set the mood really well to make everyone party and celebrate the New Year as much as they could!

Now that im back home , Its all over. 2 more days till the holiday is done haha and I have work to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment